Blogmas Day Seventeen | Mulled Wine Recipe



What's not to love about a glass of warm mulled wine on a cold winters night? I certainly can't think of anything! Mulled wine is another one of my festive favourites, and it's so easy to make! Today I thought I would share my easiest mulled wine recipe with you all. This recipe involves very few ingredients and is pretty cheap to make. However you can easily add other ingredients to further enhance the flavour. At the end I will list a few of the extras you can put in!



What you need:
1 bottles of red wine (I like to use Merlot)
3 tbs caster sugar
1 cinnamon sticks
1 star anise
Cloves
Pinch of nutmeg
1 orange

What you need to do:
1. Pour the wine into a pan on a medium temperature and stir in the sugar
2. Add the spices and a few slices of the orange
3. After about 15 minutes turn the temperature down as low as possible. DO NOT allow the wine to boil as this will make the alcohol evaporate (and lets be honest, we do not want that). If it starts to bubble, turn it down.
4. Leave to brew on a low temperature for about 30 minutes. This will let the flavours infuse into the wine
5. Serve into glasses and garnish with slices of orange.

Some additions you can make:
There are a lot of additions you can make to your mulled wine! Sometimes I like to add some cointreau or brandy, and I've heard that sloe gin really helps to add to the flavour! In my recipe I like to stick to the traditional spices but I've seen a lot of recipes that include the likes of bay leaves, cardamom and vanilla. The best thing about mulled wine is that there is so much room for experimentation, so don't be afraid to make a few changes to see what you like best!

Last week I put up a recipe for another festive favourite of mine... Baileys Latte.

Do you have a favourite Mulled Wine recipe?

No comments :

Post a Comment