Face of the Day #001


Lately I have been quite lazy with my makeup during the day. All I have really been wearing is a bit of tinted moisturiser, powder, mascara, blusher and lipstick. However today when I woke up I decided I wanted to put a bit more effort into my makeup. I wasn't going anywhere special (infact I took a trip to the shops just so my effort wasn't wasted), I just decided I wanted to go back to wearing full makeup. So I decided I would do a FOTD post to show you what I was using.


1. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation (Cream Ivory) A foundation I haven't used in quite a while. Not my favourite (I'm not a fan of the colour) but I don't want to waste it.
2. Rimmel Stay Matte As I have mentioned before I can't go without a powder and this is my favourite.
3. Urban Decay Primer Potion Prevents creasing.
4. Urban Decay Naked Palette (Half Baked, Naked and Buck) This is my go to palette for eye makeup. I used Half Baked on my lid, and then Naked and Buck into my crease.
5. MAC e/s (Amber Lights) Just applied this lightly onto my lid.
6. The Body Shop Carbon Eye Definer (Brown) Normally I prefer black eyeliner but I have misplaced mine so I used brown instead. Applies easily and doesn't smudge.
7. Lancome Doll Eye Lash Mascara I really like the look that this mascara gives me. Just a shame it smudges easily.
8. No7 Beautiful Brows Pencil (Brown) I'm not really a fan of this pencil so I need to find something else. Any suggestions?
9. Benefit Hoola Bronzer I've been trying to finish this up so I have been using it every day on my cheeks to give me a bit of colour. I don't contour with it as I am useless at contouring.
10. ELF Blush (Pink Passion) I've been using this blush every day as it gives me a nice light flush of colour.
11. Chanel Rouge Allure Lipstick (Palpitante) A gorgeous red with pink undertones. I applied it using a lip brush over lip balm so that I only had a light glossy colour.

9 comments :

  1. This look is beautiful - you look so pretty! I love that lipstick shade, it's gorgeous!

    Christina | Passion Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoola bronzer is fab! I have NARS laguna among others, but I still always go back to Hoola!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it really is a great bronzer... I have been considering purchasing Laguna when this one is finished but I may just stick with the Hoola!

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  3. I LOVE the Naked Palette :) Lovely picks x

    underbluelights.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I... definitely one of the best neutrals palettes out there!

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  4. Loving the NAKED palette!
    Lola x

    http://fortheimperfectlyperfect.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooohh, love the Laura Mercier Cream Silk Foundation! Also, the Naked palette and Benefits Hoola are a must! Holy grail items, if I do say so myself! ;)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they really are holy grail items! Especially the Naked palette :)

      xx Lauren

      Delete