My Top 5 Lipsticks

I was reorganising my lipstick drawer the other day, and I thought it would be a great idea to share my 5 favourite lipsticks with you! I love lipsticks; I wear them almost every day and they are my favourite makeup item to buy. Read on for descriptions and swatches.
L-R: Kate Moss for Rimmel 05 │ Chanel Rouge Allure Palpitante │ Avon Pout │ M.A.C Ravishing │ Kate Moss for Rimmel 01

01. Kate Moss for Rimmel '05': This is a gorgeous fuchsia pink that is suitable for both day and night as it isn't too bright. It's also rather moisturising on the lips so you don't have to worry about it drying out your lips!

02. Chanel Rouge Allure 'Palpitante': This would probably be my favourite lipstick out of them all. It is a red with pinky tones so it would be a good choice for those who want to try red lipstick but are afraid to go for a classic bright red. It is very pigmented and lasts well throughout the day. Plus... the packaging is gorgeous.

03. Avon Ultra Colour Lipstick 'Pout': A lovely nude pink that I always pair with a smokey eye. Its very moisturising however it doesn't last very long- you have to reapply every hour or so.

04. M.A.C 'Ravishing': A lovely sheer coral with a slight peachy hint. Due to it being sheer, it works all year round and works better during the day than at night (unless of course you prefer sheer lipsticks for night time looks).

05. Kate Moss for Rimmel '01': This is the lipstick I reach for when I want a proper deep red. It is quite dark so I only ever use this for a night out or a special occasion! It is extremely drying on your lips, so you should always apply a lip balm before!
L-R: Kate Moss for Rimmel 05 │ Chanel Rouge Allure Palpitante │ Avon Pout │ M.A.C Ravishing │ Kate Moss for Rimmel 01
L-R: Kate Moss for Rimmel 05 │ Chanel Rouge Allure Palpitante
L-R:Avon Pout │ M.A.C Ravishing
Kate Moss for Rimmel 01



23 comments :

  1. I love how you mention both couture and street makeup! These colors are beautiful! Xx

    thenucreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! I find that if you get the right high street products, they're just as good as higher end :)

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  2. Such lovely lipsticks, love the Chanel one xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Adalias :) Isn't the Chanel gorgeous! Its my favourite makeup item!

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  3. I have the Kate Moss in 01 and I love it! These all look lovely on you.

    Dejhana | Waite a Little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dejhana! Yea the Kate Moss 01 is gorgeous, I just wish it was a little more moisturising.

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  4. I love the Avon Pout!

    All of these look gorgeous on you though, beauty!

    Great post, and I love the swatch picture!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shree :) It's a great lipstick, probably my most work out of all of these because I reach for it most days!

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  5. I am jealous of how great this lipstick looks on you! I can't pull it off at all and just look like a child 'playing grownup' when I wear it, haha!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com
    www.bloggerforums.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank-you Corianne! I look like a child playing grownup when I wear more dramatic eye makeup, so instead I just place the focus on the lips. Which works out well because lipsticks are my favourite makeup product :)

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  6. Ohh I love posts like these! All the colors look so gorgeous on you! Ravishing is on my "to buy eventually" list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carly! Defintiely get it, its such a great lipstick, and works with so many different looks.

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  7. I love most of MACs lipsticks, love the range of different finishes they do! Kate Moss's ones are lovely too, I adore this shade!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea MAC definitely has one of the best ranges of lipsticks! I actually need to buy some more, as most of mine seem to have disappeared

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  8. So glad I found your blog I love it! :) your layout is really nice! I love the look of the Kate Moss for Rimmel 01 - a really nice shade! xx
    www.allthingsbeautiful-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessie-Ann :) Kate Moss 01 really is gorgeous, I love pairing it with a LBD and quilted bag for a classic look!

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  9. I have 05 and 08 in Kate Moss and they're fantastic lipsticks! I especially love 05 and am glad to find someone who shares my appreciation - isn't it just the nicest shade and I love that its moisturising too!
    I'm also extremely jealous of your Chanel lipstick :)
    Following your blog now!
    Please keep in touch :)
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow Andrea :)
      It really is a great lipstick isn't it!
      My Chanel lipstick is my favourite makeup item of all, it just makes me feel so fancy when I use it!

      xx Lauren

      Delete
  10. I love the look of the MAC one
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Kate Moss lipstick looks lovely on you! :) Great post!

    Fairytale Kiss

    Jade x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mac lipsticks are my life! Ravishing looks gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete