A New Year, A New Start


It's strange to think that we are already in 2014. It doesn't feel like it has been over a year since I saw in 2013 with my best friend, and I feel I've only really got used to writing 2013 on paperwork.

I originally wanted to have this post up for New Years day, however I recently received some very sad and tragic news that made me rethink all of my New Year resolutions and thoughts. I won't go into the news, however I will say that it reminded me that life really is too short to just sit around and wait for something to happen. If I want something exciting to happen in my life then I have to go after it, as otherwise I could let my whole life pass by without ever experiencing the excitement I want. So I thought I would share some of resolutions and goals for 2014 with all of you.

1. Finally get my driving license. Yes I am 21 and can still not drive. Well at least not legally, as I actually can drive, and I am quite a good driver, I just never got my license. But I have decided I have to stop putting it off. I'm getting the paperwork tomorrow to reapply for my provisional (it got stole a few years ago and I never replaced it) and then the minute it comes I am doing my theory and starting into lessons.

2. Finally decide what I want to do. So as you might know, I graduated from university last summer. While this should mean that I know what I want to do with my life, in my case it does not. I feel rather lost at times with no clue what I want to do. All I do know is this... I need to travel and see the world. Which brings me onto my next goal...

3. Save money If I ever want to go travelling, I need to save. I am a terrible saver- all of my money goes on shopping, meals out and parties with my friends. While I don't want to stop partying and having fun with my friends, I need to begin to balance it out better with saving some of my money.

4. Get healthy Originally this was 'Exercise more' but then I realised I make this same resolution every single year. So this year I am changing it. I just want to lead a healthier life: eating salads and fresh food instead of take aways and sweets. Walking places instead of getting the bus or a taxi. Just small things to make myself feel healthier, and I know that when I am leading a healthier life, I also lead a happier life.

So those are my resolutions for the New Year. This year I thought about them more than I normally would, and because of that I feel that they are a little less selfish than usual, so I am hoping that this will help me stick to them.

Have you made any New Year resolutions?



1 comment :

  1. This is such a good well-rounded list! I need to do 2-4 as well!

    ReplyDelete