Review | Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation

Despite Bourjois being a very popular drugstore brand, until 2 weeks ago I had never actually tried it. So when I was shopping for a new foundation that wouldn't break the bank (which unfortunately meant I couldn't repurchase my beloved Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet) I decided to give the Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation a go.


The first thing that I noticed about this foundation is the very limited shade selection. In the UK there are only 5 shades on offer and they are all on the pale side, so I'm afraid this isn't a foundation for darker skinned ladies. I myself went for the 2nd palest shade: No52 Vanilla.

The foundation comes in a glass bottle which will make it a pain when it comes to travelling, but for everyday use poses no issues. It also has a handy pump however I've found that one pump of this is far too much product: I personally go for about half a pump (maybe slightly more if I'm having a bad skin day).


One of the reasons I chose this foundation over the other Bourjois offerings, is because it contains three correcting pigments:
1.Yellow Pigments To disguise dark circles
2.Mauve Pigments To brighten a dull complexion
3.Green Pigments To cover redness

While I was slightly sceptical that this foundation could actually help with so many issues, I was eager to try it out and see if it worked. As I have mentioned a few times on this blog, I have quite bad under eye circles due to a constant lack of sleep, and I suffer from slight redness in my cheeks. After using this foundation I have no visible under-eye circles and my redness is mostly covered. The only part I can't really judge on is the mauve pigment, as I fortunately don't have a dull complexion.

As I have already mentioned, I chose the shade Vanilla. This is perfect when I have a little bit of fake tan on, but when I'm at my palest it is slightly too dark, which you might notice is the case in these photos.

In terms of the level of coverage, I would say this give a medium coverage which can be built up to a full coverage (in which case a full pump of foundation would be needed). It dries to a matte finish which I know some people won't like but for me is perfect. Due to this, I would say this foundation would be best for oily skin, as I do notice if I have a slightly dryer patch of skin, this foundation really shows them up.

The foundation claims to last up to 16 hours which I would disagree with- 6 hours seems more reasonable to me.

Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation: £10.99/30ml


No comments :

Post a Comment