Review | Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss 107


For the past few months, every time I have taken part in a #bbloggers twitter chat, there was always one particular lipstick that was pretty much guaranteed to be brought up. It didn't matter if the topic was even related to makeup, there was almost always someone who would bring up the much loved Kate Moss 107 lipstick. At first I ignored the talk and kept it off my wish list as, despite being a makeup lover, I tend to avoid products that are too hyped up. However after the millionth recommendation and glowing review I finally gave in and bought it.


107 is a deep berry red which has a matte finish. At first I was worried that this might be too dark for my skin tone, however I have been looking to try the berry-red lipstick trend so I figured this would be a better first-try than the Burberry lipstick I've my eye one. Once on this is a gorgeous berry-red though definitely not as deep as it appears in the tube.

As I've already mentioned this has a matter finish so you will definitely want to prep your lips with a scrub and lip balm. However despite this, this lipstick doesn't actually dry out your lips until after an hour or so of wear! Since it is a matte finish it does last for a while, and even when it starts to wear off (normally after 3/4 hours of wear) it tends to turn into a red stain on your lips which will be a bonus for people who are a little lax about reapplying lipstick.

The packaging is pretty simple: red plastic with the Kate Moss signature. Not as luxurious as higher end lipsticks, but ofcourse you get what you pay for, and at only £5.49 I definitely don't care too much about the lipsticks packaging. The only thing I'm worried about is it breaking when my bag is being chucked around as this has happened to one of my Rimmel lipsticks before.

Overall this is definitely a great lipstick and I am glad I followed the hype and bought it! I think it is a colour that should suit most skin tones so I would recommend swatching it the next time you get the chance! Below I have a swatch and picture of it on me (ignore the fact it's a TERRIBLE picture).


Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss 107: £5.49


No comments :

Post a Comment