Tennents Vital | Go Wolf, Bastille and The Killers

On the 21st August, with the Hunters and shorts at the ready, Ash and myself headed down to the Boucher Road Playing Fields for the first day of Tennents Vital. This is my second year attending Tennents Vital and I loved it just as much this year as I did last year. It was a great day which meant we where able to lie on the grass and relax without worrying about getting soaked.


The first band on was a local band called Go Wolf. Neither Ash or myself had heard of this band before but we both thought they were great! I've listened to some of their music since and I really love them. I would definitely recommend you check them out.

After Go Wolf we went on the new addition to this years Tennents Vital... the ferris wheel! While it was pretty expensive (£6 a go!!) there where amazing views from the top, and I hope it becomes a permanent feature!


The main two acts we went for where Bastille and The Killers. Bastille where great and they played one of my favourite songs of their... 'Of the Night'. Dan Smith (the lead singer) actually came into the crowd whilst singing on of the songs which I though was great! I just wish I had been close enough to actually see him up close.

After Bastille we had the The Killers who, as you can probably imagine, where amazing! They sang some of their best hits including All These Things That I've Done, Somebody Told Me and Mr Brightside. They also covered Teenage Kicks (originally by The Undertones aka one of Northern Irelands greatest ever exports) and Brown Eyed Girl (by Van Morrison, another great Northern Irish export).


Tennents Vital was definitely a great way to end a great week! I really enjoyed getting to see two bands I love live, and discovering new local music.


No comments :

Post a Comment