How I Prep my Lips for Lipstick

Lush Lip Scrub | Carmex | Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

Anybody who reads my blog will know that I have a slight obsession with lipsticks which, as you can imagine, leads to very dry lips. Not a good look. As a result of this, my morning routine now includes prepping my lips so that I can apply my favoured red lipsticks without the worry that it is going to show up every crack in my lips. So today I thought I would share with you the products I use to ensure my lips are prepped for the day


The first step I take in prepping my lips is using my Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub. I apply this using my finger and then rub in circular motions for a minute or so to remove all dead skin and leave my lips smooth. The Lush Lip Scrubs are made using all natural ingredients so they also are known for tasting quite good if you decide to lick it off you lips. I tend not to do this, as they are a little too sugary sweet for my tastes (I'm not a fan of sugar in general), but I know many people who do.
After using my lip scrub, I apply lip balm. I've used lots of different balms over the year, but my favourite has to be Carmex. Out of all the balms I have tried, this one does everything I need... soaks in well without leaving a greasy feeling and actually improves my lips. I then leave the balm to soak in for at least 15 minutes before applying my lipstick. I always have a Carmex in my bag so I can reapply throughout the day.


As well as Carmex, I also like to use the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream (read my review here). This isn't a daily product for me, instead I like to use it when my lips are feeling really dehydrated, and I generally use it at night because it takes a long time to soak in.

Another tip I have for keeping your lips prepped and in good condition, is to drink lots of water. By drinking at least eight glasses of water a day, you will notice a difference in your lips, and in you skin in general. Also try and avoid licking your lips; I know when your lips are dry this can be tempting, but while it might make your lips feel more moisturised to begin with, it actually dries out your lips in the long run.

What products do you use to prep your lips?


No comments :

Post a Comment