Review | Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet 'Grand Cru'

The Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition lip colours have been around for some time now but, as usual, I have only recently got around to trying them. When decided which shade to try first, there was one that instantly grabbed my eye; 'Grand Cru' which is a gorgeous berry red with slight pink undertones.

This product applies as a gloss, but dries to a matte lipstick finish. If you like the look of matte finished but don't like how they normally leave your lips feeling dry then I have great news for you... this product does NOT give you dry lips. Despite being a matte finish, the product feels extremely velvet like on your lips (guess this is where the name comes from) and doesn't require lip balm to be applied every 30 minutes.

The colour is absolutely gorgeous. It is a deep berry red that has pink undertones and looks so good with my pale skin. As I have mentioned many times on this blog, I love reds and this is no exception, in fact I think this might be one of my favourite reds that I own.

The only downside for this product is how it applies. I find that it applies very uneven and patchy and in order to get an even line I have to use a lip brush. At first I thought that this might have been because I was not used to doe-foot applicators (I have used nothing but lipstick for over a year now) but after reading other reviews I can see that I am not the only person who has this problem. This only seems to be a problem with this shade however. Another slight issue is that it bleeds slightly, but that can be easily fixed with lip liner.

Overall, despite the application I am impressed with this product am I am definitely going to be trying more. I love the colour on, and it has one of the most amazing finished I have ever came across with a lip product. I have been looking at a few other shades and I currently have my eye on 'Nude-ist' and 'Hot Pepper' so expect reviews for those as soon as I have bought them.

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet 'Grand Cru': £8.99


No comments :

Post a Comment