Review | Soap & Glory Archery Brow Pencil

These days brows are seen as one of the most important part of any persons makeup routines, and as a result, a huge number of brow products are now available on the high street. I've always struggled with my brows, which has led to me trying out a lot of different products. One of the most recent products, is the Soap & Glory Archery brow pencil; a double ended brow pencil which is available in two different shades. As a brunette I went for the shade 'Brownie Points' however those with lighter hair can go for the option 'Love is Blonde'.

As I have already mentioned, Archery is a double ended product. On one end is a brow tint and the other, a crayon. When using this product I start with the brow tint to create hairs at the front of my brows, before using the crayon to fill in the rest of my brows.

The brow tint, comes in the form of a felt tip pen, and is extremely easy to use. Due to the fine point of the pen, it doesn't take much practice to create the illusion of individual hairs. It can also be used to outline the rest of your brows and to extend the tail of your brow before moving on to the crayon. The crayon is soft which makes filling in your brows quick and simple. It also twists up which means you don't have to worry about finding a sharpener (something I never seem to be able to find when I need one).

Now for the downside of this product. Unfortunately I have found that the brow tint end of this product dries out very quickly. I only got about 4 weeks of use out it before I noticed it was considerably drier and harder to use. This is quite a pain when you consider there is still quite a lot of the crayon left at this point, so you either have to buy a new product and waste the crayon, or use without the tint, which defeats the point of the product. I have read a few reviews that say that the crayon also breaks very easily, however I've not had this issue, so perhaps they are just twisting it up too far?

Overall at only £10 this is a decent product, however I'm not sure I will be repurchasing. This is simply due to how quickly the brow tint dries up as other than that I really like the natural brow look this product gives me. I bought this from Boots and you can buy it online HERE.


No comments :

Post a Comment