London IMATS: Speakers

So as you may know, I am due to attend the London IMATs on the 28th June (which is the Saturday). I've spent the past few days looking over the exhibitor list as well as the schedule for the speakers, as I want to listen to a few of them as I wish to expand my makeup and beauty knowledge. I've pretty much decided on all of the speakers I wish to see, though there are two who clash. As I have decided, I thought it would be fun to share who I wish to see with you all, as well as a quick description of what they will be speaking about.

Image Source

Runway Trends (Pablo Rodriguez)
11.30am-12.30pm
Rodriguez is a senior makeup artist for M.A.C and has worked with major publications such as Vogue, and backstage on shows such as Elie Saab. He will be discussing what went on backstage at the different runway shows and what shades will be in next season.

Go Behind the Scenes with Mark Coulier (Mark Coulier)
11.30am-12.30pm
Coulier has worked on many films including Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, X-Men: The First Class, and The Iron Lady for which he won an Achievement Oscar for his work. At IMATS he will be discussing his work.
As you can see, this and Runway Trends class, which is a shame as these are the two I would be most interested in seeing. Any ideas on which I should choose?

Image Source

An Introduction to HD Brows (Nilam Holmes-Patel)
1-2pm
Nilam Holmes-Patel is the founder of the popular brow brand HD Brows. Here she will be discussing and demonstrating different techniques to achieve the perfect brow. As someone who is terrible when it comes to doing my brows, I definitely need to attend this talk!

Fashion Colour Make-up (Denis Kartashev)
2.15-3.15pm
Kartashev has been working in the industry for more than 13 years and his work has been featured in some of the biggest Russian magazines including Elle and Dolores Magazine. He is also a creative director at Inglot Russia. At IMATS he will be discussing how to combine different textures in makeup as well as giving step-by-step demonstrations on three different looks.

Image Source

Battle of the Brushes: Student Competition Character/Prosthetic Awards Show
3.15-3.45pm
The theme for this years Character/Prosthetic competition is The World of Comic Books and Graphic Novels and I am really looking forward to seeing all of the different entries and to see who wins.

A Perfect Canvas (Vargas)
4-5pm
Vargas is an award winning body painter and photographer who has recently worked on the World Cup 2014 calendar. At IMATS he will be discussing how to understand face shapes from a photographer or artists point of view and how to expand your technical skills with regards to working with lines, arches and angles. This probably won't be the most beneficial of talks for me, but it sounds so interesting!

So there are the talks that I currently want to go to. There where a few more that I was interested in, such as the Christopher Tucker in Conversation with Joe Nazzaro but again, due to clashes I won't be able to go. As you can see I have 6 talks that I want to go to, and I probably won't be going to them all, but I definitely want to make it to as many as I can!


No comments :

Post a Comment