#HaveYouDiscovered | Lip Products

This weeks topic for #HaveYouDiscovered is one that I have been looking forward to doing since the challenge began. As a lipstick obsessed girl, this was naturally my favourite topic, but when it actually came to choosing a product to talk about, I had no clue. I have so many favourite lip products that I could have talked about that I just didn't know which to actually choose. In the end, I decided on the Revlon Lip Butters.

The Revlon Lip Butters are like a cross between a tinted lip balm and a lipstick, and have great colour payoff while still feeling extremely moisturising on the lips. Currently I own 3 shades so I thought I would do a quick review on each. At the end of the post I will post a swatch of them, though there will unfortunately be no pictures of them on me. First I am going to list some pros and cons of the products in general:

Pros
Very moisturising
Good colour pay off
Cheap
Colour co-ordinated packaging

Cons
Have to be reapplied quite often (every 2 hours or so)
Shape of the lipstick makes it hard to apply
Not a lot of product in tube

Candy Apple is a gorgeous sheer red with a hint or orange. As it is quite sheer it is perfect for a casual day-time red lip, but it can also be built up for a more intense red which is what I tend to do most of the time. Unlike most of the lip butters, there is no shimmer to this colour. This would be a great choice for people who are afraid to try reds or brighter colours!

The next 'Lollipop' is my favourite out of the three: A gorgeous fuchsia pink with a slight purple tint and fine blue glitter. This is a VERY bright colour which might put a lot of people off, but as someone who loves bright lip colours, it only adds to my love of it.

The final lip butter I own is Peach Parfait which would be my least favourite. This isn't because it isn't a great product, it's simply because I prefer brighter colours and this is a nudish, pinky peach with glitter (beware: ALOT OF GLITTER). I do wear this on days when I'm trying to go for a more natural makeup look, but generally it remains in my drawer. Don't let this put you off though, it is still a great product!

Swatch:
L-R: Candy Apple | Lollipop | Peach Parfait


Don't forget to search #Haveyoudiscovered to read everybody's posts!


No comments :

Post a Comment