London IMATS 2014 Haul


Hello everyone, it's been a while! I feel like it has been forever since I last put up a blog post... lets just blame a combination of trips, weddings and pure laziness. But I am back, and I am returning with an overdue IMATS haul post! I had such a great time at IMATS, and I would love to go again next year!

As you will see, I didn't go over-the-top at IMATS: I bought a few things, and managed to get most of the items from my wishlist (which you can read here) but since I still had a further 3 days in London, I decided to save some of my money for other things.

I have been looking into getting my teeth whitened for a few months now, so when I saw the Professional Teeth Gel for only £40 I decided to give it a go. I've used it a few times already and I have to say so far, so good!

One of the stalls I wanted to go to the most was NYX, and judging by the length of the queue for it throughout the day I wasn't the only one. Luckily I got there at the start of the day when the line wasn't quite as long (though I was still queuing for 20 minutes) as there was no way I would have queued for over an hour... the discounts were not that good! I picked up two Jumbo Eye Pencils in 'Black Bean' and 'Cottage Cheese', a Cream Blush in 'Natural' and a lip pencil in 'Plush Red'. I was originally going to buy more blushes but I couldn't get near them so I gave up.

If there was one item I was most excited to buy, it was the OCC Lip Tars. Before I went to IMATS I had already decided I was only going to buy the two to ensure I actually liked the product. After a lot of swatches, I finally decided on 'Grandma' and 'Stalker' and they are both gorgeous shades! They where only £10 each so I do wish I had bought a few more.

I also bought the Ben Nye Banana Powder which is supposed to be amazing for under-eye highlighter. I was originally about to buy this from the Nigel Beauty Emporium where it was about £11 for 1.5oz, and £14 for 3oz, but luckily a very helpful girl informed me that if I went to the PAM stall, they were selling the 3oz for £11.96, so needless to say, I quickly went to the PAM stall. Looking back I wish I had bought the neutral powder for setting my foundations, so I will be purchasing this very soon online!

Finally, I visited the NARS stand (though actually, it was the very first stand I went to) and bought two items. I got the Laguna bronzer which I am so excited to try as I have been looking to buy this for ages! I also got a cream shadow in Cayenne. I actually bought this by mistake, I had asked one of the assistants for another shade (I can't even remember what it was I wanted now) and she handed me this one accidentally, but I still quite like this colour. I think these two items where my best bargains of the day, as I bought the Laguna Bronzer for £18 instead of the usual £27, and the shadow for £7 instead of £18, which meant the two items came in at only £25. I did want to buy more, but the NARs stand was crazy and you couldn't get near anything so I didn't feel like fighting my way through people. I think next year NARs could do with sorting out a more organised system for shopping.

So there you have it. My better-late-than-never IMATS haul! As soon as I get a chance I will be recording a London haul for my youtube channel (which you can visit and subscribe to here).

Did you attend IMATS? What did you buy?


No comments :

Post a Comment