London Trip Part 1

Ok, so this post is WAY overdue, but I figured it was better late than never. I have quite a lot of photos from my trip to London, so I've decided to split this into three posts, one for each day I was there! So today's post will be about my first day in London, which was spent at IMATS and exploring Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens.


I kicked off my trip to London with the IMATS which was held at the Olympia in Kensington. My sister and I had a lot of fun looking at the different stands and discovering new brands, and I managed to buy some great new items! My favourite part of IMATS however was watching the different makeup artists transforming their models. As we arrived for when the doors first opened, we were able to see the full transformations for most of these models, and I was in awe at the talent these artists have.


After walking around for a few hours my sister and I watched the Runway Trends talk which was took by Pablo Rodriguez. I absolutely loved this talk and found it so interesting to hear about three big trends that where seen on the runway. I especially loved that each of the looks that Rodriguez created have aspects that I can take and incorporate into my make-up looks.

I also attended the HD Brows talk, which I enjoyed, but it definitely would have been more useful for make-up artists or beauticians who will be using this technique on their clients. Never-the-less, I managed to learn a few tips for doing my eye-brows, and it has made me really want to try the HD Brows!

At around half 2 I started to get really tired, as I had only managed to get three hours sleep the night before. Because of this I had to leave IMATS early and head back to the hotel to sleep, as I actually felt like I was going to pass out through exhaustion. After a quick lie down at the hotel, my sister and I decided to stay local and explore Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park.


Kensington Palace was gorgeous, and I really enjoyed taking a walk around Hyde Park. I love the hustle and bustle of big cities, but I think it is really nice to take a few hours to walk around these more peaceful parks, and a long walk was just what I needed that night. After exploring Hyde Park, we came across the Serpentine Bar and Grill, so we decided to grab a quick dinner there, and I have to say that the food was great.

As we were both pretty exhausted, we decided to just have a few drinks in the hotel that night before getting an early(ish) night so that we could be refreshed for the Sunday, which was the day we had set aside for a lot of sight-seeing. So expect a pretty picture-heavy post on that very soon!


No comments :

Post a Comment