Review: Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

I'm sure everyone in the beauty community has heard of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream by now, even if they haven't tried it. It was created in 1930 by Elizabeth Arden who used it to treat her horses before she realised that it was also very effective on people. After a customer claimed that it helped heal her son's scraped knee in 8 hours, Elizabeth Arden gave it the name it is known by today!

If you have seen my October Favourites, then you will already know that I love this product. I had seen this product featured on blogs, Youtube videos and magazines for ages but never actually got around to buying it. Then I saw it on offer during the Summer and thought it was the perfect time to try it!


One of the main issues people seem to have with this product is the scent, and it's definitely an issue I have with it. I can't describe the scent... it just smells horrible. I have become slightly used it since I started using it, but I would still go for the fragrance-free version when I repurchase.

This product has so many uses, including:
Lipbalm
Hand moisturiser
Treat sunburn
Keep brows in place
Intense face moisturiser
Remove waterproof mascara
Tame frizzy hair
Cuticle cream.


These are just some of the many uses that I have heard of, and I'm sure that if you look on the internet you can find many more!

I use this every single night as a lip balm, and I also apply it to any dry patches. I find that it is to thick to apply during the day (apart from on my lips), as I rarely have time to let it sink in, so it is perfect to put it on at night.

I have also used this to help keep my eyebrows in place, and it works really well, however it does give a shiny look to your brows, which some people may not be a fan of!

The Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream comes in a 50ml tube and is available here for £25.


Have you ever used Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream? What uses have you found for it?

xx Lauren

No comments :

Post a Comment