#BloggersDoItBetter: My Favourite Spring Cocktails

So a few weeks ago I told you that I would be taking part in a new challenge called '#Bloggersdoitbetter' which would involve writing a post on a different topic every fortnight. If you want to read more about this then you can read my original post here or you can read Gemma's post.

The first topic we have been given is Spring. When I first heard Spring I started going through different ideas including favourite lipsticks, nails and a Spring inspired makeup look but then I decided I would take this opportunity to do something little different and step away from the topic of beauty. So today I will be telling you all about my favourite Spring cocktails, two of which are gin based and two vodka based.

First up, we have a Singapore Sling
To make this pour two shots of pineapple juice into an ice-filled shaker. Then add a shot of gin (or more if you want it stronger) and then add a few shots of lime juice. Shake well.
Now fill a glass with ice and then add half a shot of grenadine before pouring in the contents of the shaker. Now top up with some soda water!
I love the sweetness of this cocktail and it would be perfect for drinking on the beach or while suntanning in your garden as you can't really taste the alcohol!

Now for the Raspberry Collins.
Take your ice-filled shaker and add two shots of gin and some raspberries. I have read recipes that say to 10 raspberries for one cocktail but I think that would be two many, but it's up to you, I generally add about 6! Now mush the raspberries into the gin so that all of the juice mixes with the gin. Add a few drops of lemon juice and a quarter shot of sugar syrup (not pictured) then shake well.
Now pour the contents of the shaker into an ice-filled glass and top up with soda water.
This addition of the raspberries to the classic Collins cocktail results in a fruity yet tart cocktail which again is perfect for when relaxing out in the sun!

Now onto the first of our vodka based cocktails... Cosmopolitan
Start by filling a martini glass with ice and leave it to the side. For this cocktail I find it is best to try different shot measures to find what suits you best. I like mine to be quite strong so I tend to take an ice-filled strainer and add a shot and a half of vodka, shot of triple sec, and a shot of cranberry juice. Then I like to add about a shot of lime juice. Now I personally use bottle lime juice, simply because fresh limes go to waste in my house, but if you can use fresh as it tastes much nice!
Now shake well, empty your martini glass and then pour in. Now I had no oranges when I made this, so I skipped this step but you can take some orange peel to garnish your drink... looks pretty and adds some extra taste to the cocktail.
Cosmopolitans where made famous in Sex and the City and is one of my favourite cocktails to drink! Now they are quite strong, so I tend to leave them for the nights out rather than for day time drinks.

Finally we have the French Martini.
Again start by filling a martini glass with ice and leave to the side. Then take your ice-filled shaker and add two shots of pineapple juice, a shot of vodka and half a shot of raspberry liqueur. Now shake well.
Finally empty the ice from your glass and pour in! Easy.
This is not actually a martini (it was named so due to being served in a martini glass) and has a lovely fruity taste which masks any taste of alcohol.

So there you have it, four of my favourite cocktails! As you can probably guess this was a very fun post for me to photograph (my parents probably thought I was crazy for making cocktails in the middle of the day, but these things have to be done) so I will definitely be doing more posts like this in the future! I hope you enjoyed the change of theme!


No comments :

Post a Comment