Review: Avène Soothing Hydrating Serum


Recently my skin has been a mess. I have been breaking out a lot, and it has felt very dehydrated, and as a result I have been trying to revamp my skincare routine. So when Escentual offered me the chance to try the Avène Soothing Hydrating Serum* I jumped at the chance. It has been about 3 months since I last used a serum (in fact that was around the time my skin started to play up- coincidence?) so I was excited to introduce one into my daily skincare routine again!

When I got the product I decided to do a bit of research into what exactly a serum is and how it works as I am trying to have a greater understanding of all of the products I put onto my face. A serum is a thick, liquid product that is made up of small molecules which means that it can reach the deeper layers of your skin which moisturisers are unable to get to. As with a lot of skincare products you can get different serums depending on what skin condition you wish to treat. The Avene Hydrating Serum contains Avène Thermal Spring Water which claims to help with redness and soothe skin, making it a great serum for anyone who has sensitive skin.

I have combination skin- my t-zone is oily and the rest of my skin is normal, and as I have already mentioned my skin was quite dehydrated due to too many late nights and glasses of wine. I also have some redness in my cheeks. I have been using this product for 2 and a half weeks and I can already see such a difference. My skin is starting to look a lot brighter and my cheeks aren't as red as they were. I also love that this serum doesn't make my t-zone any oilier like some serums I have used in the past have done.

I use this serum morning and night after cleansing and toning. I take a small amount of this (a tiny amount goes a long way) and pat it onto my skin before leaving it to soak in for a minute and then finally applying my moisturiser. I know some of you might have the idea of waiting for a minute before apply moisturiser so you will be happy to hear that it does soak in a lot quicker than that, I just like to wait so I know for definite that it is soaked in.

As you can probably tell, I love this serum and it is definitely going to become a permanent part of my skincare routine.

Avène Soothing Hydrating Serum: £17/30ml


No comments :

Post a Comment