Cutters Wharf Belfast Review

Last week, Rosie and myself decided to head to one of our favourite places in Belfast for lunch. Situated in Stranmillis and overlooking the enbankment, Cutters Wharf is a great place to head to for dinner, or simply for a few drinks! Downstairs you can enjoy al fresco dining in the great beer garden, or you can head upstairs to enjoy food in the restaurant, which is what we decided to do.

We started off by spending AGES looking over the menus. Despite the fact we go to Cutter's quite a lot, I never know what to order, due to the great menu on offer! This time, I decided on the Pan Seared Fillet of Seabass. Rosie is a fan of the pasta dishes, so she got the Tagliatelle Carbonara. We then decided to get a side of onion rings as I had been craving them for a few days!

The sea bass came with new potatoes, olives and a hollandaise sauce. The sea bass was perfectly cooked and has to be one of the nicest pieces I have ever tasted. I loved the olives- the saltiness balanced out the sweetness of the sea bass.

I also tried some of Rosie's carbonara and it was also very tasty! It comes in a smoked bacon and mushroom cream which was gorgeous. It also comes with a side of garlic ciabatta bread which left Rosie very happy as she is a big fan of anything garlic!

After our main, I decided to treat myself to a desert, which I don't normally do. I love that you can choose on of the deserts in a mini size and have it with a coffee or glass of sherry. I decided to go for my favourite desert which is the Eton Mess. I also decided that instead of going for a coffee, I would be adventurous and have a glass of sherry which I had never tried before.

The Eton Mess was perfect as always; perfectly light, which is just the kind of desert I enjoy after a big meal. I enjoyed the sherry, but it's not something I could drink often, though maybe if I drank it more I would become more accustomed to the taste.

I can't wait for more trips to Cutters Wharf, and now that the good weather seems to be arriving I am very excited to enjoy a few drinks in the beer garden with the girls!

To read more about Cutters Wharf and to view the menu visit their website here.


No comments :

Post a Comment