My 8 Favourite Makeup Brushes

I'm sure most people would agree with me that you need more than just the best makeup in order to get a perfect makeup look, you also need the perfect tools. Over the past few years I've been trying to expand my brush collection, and I have come to love a particular few of these brushes, so today I thought I would share these with you.

1. Makeup Pro Angled Brush Ok, so I'm going to start off with the brush that you can't actually buy online. I wasn't sure whether or not to include this brush, but I thought I would go ahead and do it. This is a very fine angled brush that I love to use for my eyebrows as I find it gives me very crisp lines. If you live in Northern Ireland then you can buy this brush from the Makeup Pro store which has three locations: Belfast, Derry and Newry. It only cost me around £4 so it's really cheap as well.


2. Zoeva 228 Crease Brush (£6.50) This has turned into one of my absolute favourite eye brushes, even beating out all of my MAC brushes. I don't have a lot of space between my eyelid and brow, so I find that a lot of crease brushes are too big for me resulting in my shadow going too close to my brow, but this brush is the perfect size. It's also pretty handy if I need to blend out my shadow and don't have any of my blending brushes, though I try to keep it just for applying shadow.
Note: Zoeva appears to have changed this brush slightly, so it is now made up of white bristles instead of the black bristles. Other than that however, the brush appears to be the same shape so I assume it will do the same job.

3. MAC 217 Blending Brush (£20) This is one of the oldest brushes in my collection, and I've had it now for over 5 years. As a result it is starting to get a little bit worn, and could probably do with being replaced, but I feel slightly attached to it. I use this brush for two purposes; applying shadow to the crease, and for blending.

4. Zoeva 223 Petit Eye Blender Brush (£6.50) The 223 brush is designed for pinpoint crease work, and I've found it's one of my favourite brushed for applying colour to my crease and outer V due to its dense bristles and compact size. I have also recently started to use it for my lower lash line. I've read a few reviews that have said it works well as a pencil brush, so I will be be trying this out soon.

5. MAC 129 Powder/Blush Brush (£28) This is an all-purpose brush for blush or face powder, and like the 217 brush, it was of my original brushes in my collection. I've used this for many purposes over the years: setting powder, blush, powder foundation, but in recent times I have been using it for applying bronzer. I don't really contour, and instead prefer to just give a brush of colour onto my cheeks before applying bronzer and this brush is the perfect size, and is also great at ensuring its blended.

6. MAC 224 Tapered Blending Brush (£23) I used to have a few of these brushes, but unfortunately over the years I have lost all but one. I like to use this brush simply for blending. I've found it's a little bit too big for applying any shadow to my crease, but its the perfect brush for blending out all of my eyeshadows. The only times I use it to apply eyeshadow to my crease is when I am using a very light transition colour such as MAC Espresso.

7. Real Techniques Blush Brush (£9.99) I love the Real Techniques face brushes, and the blush brush is one of my favourites. Due to the synthetic bristles it is great at applying a light wash of colour to my cheeks. If you are looking a more intense blush application then this might not be the brush for you however, and you would be better off with a brush made up of natural bristles.

8. Real Techniques Contour Brush (£21.99) Over the past few months I have really came to love highlighter, and after trying out a few different brushes, I finally decided this contour brush was perfecting for applying it to the top of my cheekbones. This brush is only available as part of the Core Collection, but if you are just beginning to build a brush collection then I recommend buying it.

So there you have it. My 8 favourite makeup brushes. I've decided that over the next few months I want to invest in some more brushes, particularly eye brushes, so if you have any favourites then let me know in the comments below!

No comments :

Post a Comment