January Favourites

At the start of the month, when everyone else seemed to be finding amazing deals in the sales, I decided to instead start using up the copious amount of beauty products I already had in my collection. Over the past few years, I have developed a fondness for buying lots of new products, but not for actually using them. Each product tends to get used a few times before I buy a replacement that I soon decide I love even more and therefore my previous products lie unloved and forgotten at the bottom of a drawer. Due to this reason, this months favourites are mostly made up of products that I have had in my collection for a long time, and I hope this is something that will occur in my future monthly favourites. After all, considering the size of my collection, I should have a lot of 'holy grail' items, that I have forgot about.


1. Sleek Face Form Palette (£9.99) This has to be one of my all time favourite products. I bought this way back at the beginning of 2015 and forgot about it for a while, but I started using it again during the summer and fell in love. I own many high end blushers and bronzers, but for me, this palette honestly beats them all. I wear this pretty much every single day, and the amount of compliments I get is insane. People in particular seem to compliment on the highlight, which gives the skin a beautiful shimmery glow without making you look like a disco ball.

2. YSL Touche Eclat (£25) My best friend Laura has been using the Touche Eclat for some time now, and anytime we are together I loved to steal it, but for some strange reason I never actually went out and bought it. Luckily for me Laura sorted this problem out when she bought me my very own for Christmas. A lot of people are confused by this product, and think that it is a concealer, but in fact it is actually a highlighter, and a very beautiful one at that. I like to use it on my cheekbones, inner corners of my eyes, and sometimes on my cupids bow, and it just makes me look like I have the most natural glow.

3. MAC 'Amber Lights' (£13) I have two MAC eyeshadow palettes and recently I decided to start playing with them more, and trying to come up with new looks using them. In doing so I discovered how gorgeous an eyeshadow 'Amber Lights' is. I don't think I had every actually used this eyeshadow before, I think it is one that one of the girls from the counter recommended and I bought but always ignored due to how bright it looks. It is a bright copper shade and after playing with it for a while I have found it is one of the most gorgeous colours in my palettes, and looks beautiful on both the centre of the lid, and also blended into the crease.

4. Tropic Smoothing Cleanser (£16) I reviewed this a few months ago, and since then I have only grown to love this product even more. This is a creamy cleanser that leaves my skin so soft and glowing. I recently ran out of my first bottle and had to go 3 days without it while I waited for a replacement, and I definitely noticed a difference. It also has a gorgeous scent, which I especially love first thing in the morning.

5. Tangle Teezer (£10.99) I have curly hair, which as you can probably imagine, is a nightmare to brush out, but when I'm using the Tangle Teezer, it is so much easier. I know a lot of people who are sceptical of this. They think I'm stupid for spending over a tenner on what they think is nothing more than a normal brush, but it honestly is so much more. When I use it on wet or curly hair, there is such a difference, and I have my hair brushed in half the time than if I was using a normal paddle brush. Also, in my experience atleast, they last so much longer. I have had this tangle teezer for about four or five years now, and its still going strong.

I hope you enjoyed reading about the products I have been loving this month. Let me know in the comments what products you have been loving.

No comments :

Post a Comment