My Favourite Netflix Shows

So lately my evenings seems to have stuck to the same routine: come home from work exhausted, get into my pyjamas, climb into bed and watch Netflix all evening, preferably with some snacks nearby. Boring, I know, but lately my constant state of tiredness and the dark evenings have left me wanting to do very little else. I know I love reading about what shows everybody loves to watch, so I thought I share with you some of my current favourite shows. Just a quick note, all of these are from the UK Netflix, so if you are from another country you might not be able to watch all of these.

1. Gotham Ok, I don't know why it took so long for me to decide to watch this, but I absolutely love it! For anyone who doesn't know, Gotham is based on DC Comics Batman, but instead of focusing on a young Bruce Wayne, it tells the story of Detective James Gordan, featuring the stories of the other characters. I can't really say I know that much about Batman or the characters, so this has been a great way for me to learn the story behind some of them. I also have to point out that Ben McKenzie is even better looking now, than back in his OC days, so if you need another reason to watch...

2. Jessica Jones Another TV show that is based on a coming, this time on Marvel's Jessica Jones, a former superhero turned Private Investigator who soon finds herself having to fight against someone from her past. I binge watched this series in three days (would have been two if it wasn't for stupid work) and now I can't wait until series 2 which has just been announced.

3. Pretty Little Liars I'm sure most of you know what Pretty Little Liars is about, and for those who don't, it is about four friends who start to get harassed by the mysterious 'A' after their friend Ali goes missing. That's the simplest of descriptions I can give you, because over the seasons it starts to get more complicated so all I can suggest is to watch it. We are now into the second half of the sixth series and Netflix releases each new episode every Wednesday, one day after it's aired in America. Six series in, I have to admit it's not quite as good as when it first started, but I still have to watch every week.

4. Buffy the Vampire Slayer An oldie, but a classic. BTVS has long been one of my favourite shows, even the very dated first series (the hair... the clothes!) and even though I have the whole show on box set, I still got very excited when I saw it was on Netflix. At times I watch it from start to finish (though after all these years, I know which episodes to skip), but generally I just like to pick out my favourite episodes.

5. QI This is a British comedy panel quiz show, that is hosted by the amazing Stephen Fry who is joined each week by three comedians and the permanent panelist Alan Davies. Each series is based on topics beginning with a specific letter, starting with Series A, and going through to the current Series M. There are different guest panelists each week, with some featuring in various episodes. My favourite panelists include Rob Brydon, Bill Bailey and Dara O'Brien. Honestly, if you haven't watch it then do... it absolutely hilarious!

No comments :

Post a Comment