Review | Loreal Infallible Mattifying Base

Loreal infallible mattifying base

As somebody who has been unfortunately cursed with very oily skin, particularly around my nose, I am forever on the lookout for base products that will help my makeup stay in place over the course of a day. Generally, I am not one for high-street primers, as I have wasted so much money on them over the years, however after hearing so many great things about the Loreal Infallible range, I decided to give it a go.

The is a silicone based light-weight primer that promises to mattify the skin and keep shine at bay. I tend to only apply this to my t-zone as I don't really get shiny around my chin or my cheeks. You only need to use a tiny amount, as a little bit definitely goes a long way with this product. After applying this product to my skin I instantly see a difference; my skin is instantly shine free.

As well as making my skin instantly matte, this primer definitely helps to keep shine at bay throughout the day. There are days where I have forgot to apply powder, but thanks to this primer my makeup still stays in place throughout the day. The only downside of this product is that it doesn't smooth out lines and imperfections like most silicone based primers, however for me, the main thing I look for in a primer is oil control, so this isn't a huge issue for me.

At only £7.99 for 35ml this is such a great product. After using this for a few weeks I've realised that it reminds me a lot of the Make-up Atelier T-Zone Gel that I was using last year and that I loved (you can read my review for it here). The Infallible primer has the same texture and mattifying products, but is so much cheaper.

The Loreal Infallible Mattifying Base is £7.99 and can be purchased here.

1 comment :

  1. I love this primer! I used to use Benefit Porefessional and when I ran out needed to buy a cheaper alternative, and I totally fell in love with this! Fab post :) xox
    borntoblend.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete