My Reading List

When I was younger I was an avid reader. I loved nothing more than cuddling up with a book and immersing myself deeply into the stories being told. Over the years however, I have found that instead of picking up a book, I have been heading straight to netflix, or youtube. I really want to get back into reading however, so the other night I chose four books from my large collection and told myself that I have to read them all by the time my birthday comes around (March 18th incase you are interested). I'm sure I am not the only person who wants to start reading more, so I thought I would share my picks with you, incase you need some inspiration.

1. 'Tess of the D'Urbervilles' by Thomas Hardy I started reading this book a few years ago when I received it for a present, but for some reason, despite it being a brilliant book, I stopped about 3/4s of the way through.

2. 'Emma' by Jane Austen I have read this book before, but I was quite young at the time and I didn't like it very much. However I decided I want to give it another chance, just to see if I understand it any better now that I am older.

3. 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins When I was taking a-levels, my favourite class was R.E where we learnt all about the ethics and philosophy surrounding religion. Ever since I have wanted to read this book by Richard Dawkins, and I actually bought it ages ago, but I'm only just getting around to reading it.

4. 'Travelling to Infinity' by Jane Hawkins I bought this book last year after all of the hype surrounding the movie, but yet again I put it onto my bookshelf and never got around to reading it. I've heard a lot of great things about it, so I'm excited to read it.

So there are the four books I'm aiming to read between now and my birthday. I have also decided to use my Goodreads account again to keep track of all the books I have read, so if you have an account, make sure to add me as a friend!

What books are you currently reading?

No comments :

Post a Comment