Review | Tropic Lipglaze Collection

If you have read my previous blog post you will know I have recently discovered the brand Tropic Skincare. After trying and loving their skincare products, I got a chance to try their makeup range when my aunt bought me the lip gloss collection and an eye-shadow quad for Christmas. Today I will be reviewing the lip gloss collection, which consists of three lip glosses: Pink Champagne, Raspberry Daiquiri and Tutti Frutti.

Pink Champagne

Tropic's lipglosses contain Vitamin E, mango butter and strawberry extracts, which help to leave your lips feeling soft and nourished throughout the day. The first thing I noticed when I put on these lipglazes was the lack of stickiness. As somebody who generally tends to stick with matte lipsticks, stickiness is the first thing I notice when I put on a lipgloss. Don't get me wrong- there is a slight stickiness to these lipglazes (is there any that don't?) but compared to a lot of others that I have tried, it is minimal.

All three of the colours are perfect for day-to-day use, but can also be built up or layered over lipstick for a slightly more dramatic look. As a fan of red lipsticks, my personal favorite is Raspberry Daiquiri which is a beautiful raspberry red. Pink Champagne and Tutti Frutti are both slightly similar shades, but Tutti Fritti is slightly more coral than the neutral Pink Champagne.

Tutti Frutti

The consistency of the lipglazes are quite thick, and they apply easily due to the design of the applicator. They also stay on the lips for around four or five hours before needing to be reapplied. The packaging is classic and expensive looking, though marks show up on the black lids quite easily. Luckily, these are also easily cleaned off.

Raspberry Daiquiri

You can buy the lipglaze trio from Tropic for only £28, which means you are saving a total of £14 from if you were buying the lipglazes singly (basically you get one for free). I don't know about you, but I think this is a great price, for what are really great lipglazes! Below you can see what each shade looks like on me:

L-R: Pink Champagne | Tutti Frutti | Raspberry Daiquiri


The Lipglaze Trio is £28 and can be purchased here.


No comments :

Post a Comment