Review | Benefit Roller Lash Mascara


I've long been a fan of Benefit products, especially their mascaras, so you can just imagine my excitement when I heard they were releasing a brand new mascara. My excitement then doubled when I discovered that Roller Lash was actually being released early exclusively with this months issue of Elle Magazine! I quickly pre-ordered it online and then, when it still hadn't arrived days after its release, I trawled through a number of stored until I could get my hands on it (it seemed to be sold out everywhere).


One of the main aspects that draw me to Benefit products is the packaging. I love the girly and retro packaging, and this mascara is no different. The official product's packaging is different to the sample mascara, but from what I've seen of it, it is my favourite Benefit packaging yet. The retro pink and black design just reminds me of the 50s!

The biggest selling point of this mascara is the brush, which was based on velcro rollers. Like the rollers, the brush uses tiny hooks to grab and curl the lashes, leaving you with a gorgeous open-eyed look. The brush is small and flexible enough to reach all of the lashes and applies the mascara evenly. The hooks and bristles help to ensure the lashes are all separated so there's no fear of the dreaded 'spider lashes' happening. The light-weight formulation promises a 12 hour curl, and while I was sceptical at first, there's no denying it works! Even after 12 hours, my lashes are still beautifully curled.

The light-weight formula makes this a perfect mascara for layering. The Benefit website recommends applying a layer of They're Real! over the top to give a dramatic look. I've ran out of my They're Real! mascara, but I will definitely be trying this once I repurchase (that's right... I am going to repurchase just to try this out).

Top: Before mascara | Middle: After 1 Coat | Bottom: After 2 Coats

If you can't already tell, I LOVE this mascara, and while I didn't think it could happen, it has quickly overtook They're Real! as my favourite mascara. The only downside I can think of with this mascara is that due to it not being waterproof, I find it has a slight tendency to smudge onto my under eye area, so if I'm not careful I can resemble a panda. But honestly this mascara is so amazing that I am willing to overlook this issue.

Benefit Roller Lash will be released on the 12th February, and will be retailing for £19.50.


No comments :

Post a Comment