My Current Loves... #001


Hello! So today I thought I would start a new series of posts here on the blog: 'My Current Loves'. I really enjoy reading similar monthly favourites on other blogs as I find it is where I discover most of my new products! So as a beauty-obsessed blogger I decided I would join in and share my monthly recommendations. I will be trying to feature different products every month but forgive me if I repeat every now and then- some products are just that good!

So first up we have my E.L.F blush in 'Pink Passion'. I'm not exaggerating when I say I could count on one hand the amount of times I reached for another blush over this one during the month of October. Despite it looking crazy bright in the pan, it gives the cheeks a lovely subtle flush of colour and it has great pigmentation. Also at only £3.75 it is a bargain!

Next up is Juicy Couture 'Couture Couture'. This is one of the only perfumes that I own which isn't sweet or floral. I feel as if this is my 'grownup' scent and is definitely what I reach for when I am going on a night out. I also really like the bottle as it looks great on my bookshelf where I set my perfume bottles.

I no longer straighten my hair and only blow dry it straight so products like Umberto Giannini Salon Straight Blow Dry Cream' are essential to giving me a sleeker and straighter look. The product is a cream which I apply while my hair is damp concentrating on the mid-length to ends before blow-drying. The only downside is that the product is very runny and if you're not careful you will end up with far too much. I tried looking for this online but unfortunately it seems that it has been discontinued, but I thought I would still mention it as you can probably find it on ebay or amazon.

After reading countless blog posts and reviews raving about the Elizabeth Arden 'Eight Hour Cream' I finally caved in and bought it during the summer. I was very excited to use it however I have to admit that at first I was very disappointed. I hated the smell and found that it didn't absorb into my skin. Fast forward to October and I decided to give it another go... and I am so glad I did! I don't know what has changed between the summer and now but it has suddenly became my favourite skin care product. I use it on my lips at night and any dry patches of skin during the day. Unfortunately I still don't like the scent but as they have a fragrance free version that is easily sorted.

I love to use masks once a week and the one I have been reaching for lately is Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. This is a great old fashioned green mask which smells of mint and I love to use this on a pamper night! I will admit that it doesn't do very much for my skin apart from leaving it feeling slightly softer, but I still love it!

Now onto my final beauty favourite... L'Occitane Hand Creams. The one I have pictured here is 'Rose Petals' however I own about 8 of these (I went slightly overboard on them...) and I love them all! I apply this throughout the day when I can feel my hands getting slightly dry, which unfortunately is a huge problem for me during the winter. At £8 they are slightly pricey but they are definitely worth it.

My first non-beauty favourite is my Apple Crumble Candle from Bath and Body Works. I am burning this while typing out this post and it is just such a warm cozy scent that is perfect for Autumn nights! I am going to be very sad when I finish this as I have yet to find a candle in the UK that is similar to this.

Finally I have my Nomination Charm Bracelet which my parents got me for my graduation present. I love charm bracelets and have both this and a Pandora bracelet but I prefer this as it isn't as bulky. Also I love how every time you get a new charm you remove one of the original charms from the bracelet, allowing you to make up a second bracelet.

What have you been loving this past month?

xx Lauren

2 comments :

  1. Those hand creams sound so amazing! I definitely want to try one out for winter!

    sundays grace blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should Carly! Their really moisturising and smell amazing

      xx Lauren

      Delete