Review: Philip Kingsley Elasticizer


A few months ago InStyle magazine included a 40ml tube of Philip Kingsley 'Elasticizer' (worth £8) in their October issue. I love getting freebies with magazines so despite rarely reading InStyle, and not knowing anything about this product, I decided to buy it.

What is it?
The Philip Kingsley website's description of the product is "The world’s first pre-shampoo conditioning treatment and our hero product. Healthy hair stretches when wet before returning to its original length when dry. However hair in poor condition snaps and breaks when stretched. Intensely moisturising Elasticizer delivers a rush of moisture to the hair’s cuticle; suppleness, elasticity and bounce appear instantly without weighing down or coating the hair. Visible results from one application that improve with continued use."

How do you use it?
Prior to actually washing your hair, you wet your hair and then apply this cream to your hair. I find the easiest way to do this is to split my hair into three sections, the same way you would when drying or straightening it. Then I apply a tiny amount to my hair before brushing through with a hair brush. Then you cover your hair with a plastic cap (I just use shower caps) and leave it. It recommends leaving for 10-20 minutes but I find it gives better results when left over night.

Overall Opinion?
Overall I am very impressed with this product! As I have already mentioned, I have found that the longer this product is left in, the better the results. The first time I used this I only left it in for the recommended 20 minutes and my hair felt no different afterwards so after a little research online I saw that many people leave it in overnight. Since doing this my hair has become a lot softer and easier to manage! Some of the reviews I had read mentioned that their hair was less frizzy since using this product but I have to say I haven't really noticed this for my hair.

For me, the best part of the product is that it doesn't weigh my hair down! I find that a lot of hair products leave my hair looking flat, but this product definitely doesn't do that, and if anything I've found that since using this product my hair has more body due to it being in much better condition! I also have to say that it really has made my hair stronger; my hair is very thin and used to break easily when brushing my hair, but this has definitely helped with that!

Would I buy again?
Without a doubt yes! It is a rather pricey product at £54 for 500ml, but it's worth it! It has also made me want to try more Philip Kingsley products.

Have you ever used Philip Kingsley Elasticizer or any of their other products?

xx Lauren

2 comments :

  1. I really regret not buying InStyle when this was a freebie! Will have to keep my fingers crossed another magazine will offer it
    Megan x | MeganRoisinn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea definitely keep an eye out for it Megan, its worth it :)
      xx Lauren

      Delete