Review: CoverGirl Clump Crusher LashBlast Mascara


Back in December, I received the CoverGirl Clump Crusher LashBlast Mascara from Shree as part of my gift for the Beauty Bloggers Secret Santa. I have been using this mascara pretty much ever day since about half way through January so I thought it was time I did a review on it!

The first thing I realised when I received this mascara was how they are packaged differently in the US than they are in the UK. In the UK a mascara is packaged with the brush inside the tube, and just a piece of plastic wrapping it. In the US the mascaras come with the brush and tube seperate, which I think is so much better as you can actually see what the brush looks like before buying. I know this hasn't really got anything to do with the review, but I thought it was pretty cool!



As you can see the packaging is green and nothing out of the ordinary for a mascara. The brush itself has plastic bristles which are all positioned close together which is what helps prevent clumps. According to Covergirl you can apply 3 layers of this and there will be no clumps! The brush is also slightly curved which is supposed to help with volume.

The first thing I should say about this mascara, is that it isn't for those who love dramatic lashes. This is 100% a day time, natural lashes mascara. Even with 3 layers on it still looks very natural. The curved brush helps to give a little volume, but it really is only a little (I'll post pictures at the end so you can see). The mascara also helps lengthen your lashes, but again, its only a little bit.

As for the clumping, I can say that this mascara half lives up to its promise! When only one or two layers are applied, then there are no clumps. But I find that once I apply that third layer, there are some clumps. I think this is because the mascara has quite a dry formula, so when you start to layer up it cause the lashes to become slightly crunchy and stiff.

I have quite oily eyelids, and this mascara lasts really well on me. Even when I wear this to work (which is a 9 hour shift), there is no smudging and I don't end up with racoon eyes, which has unfortunately happened to me many times.

Overall I really like this mascara. I mean, yes, it doesn't work too well when you have 3 layers, but to be totally honest, I rarely put more than 2 layers of mascara on anyway. I definitely won't be reaching for this mascara on nights out, but it works great for during the day!

Here are some photographs showing you what the mascara looks like on:
L-R: Before mascara │ 1 coat of mascara
After 3 coats of mascara



No comments :

Post a Comment