Tesco and TK Maxx Book Haul

I love reading but recently I've found that I haven't been reading as much as I used to. So when I was in Tesco a few weeks ago and discovered they had a lot of books on clearance I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to pick up some new reading material. I actually bought 5 books from Tesco but I have left one in Belfast so it isn't pictured (I can't even remember the name). Three of the books where marked at £1, one of the books was £2 and the third was £4. However when I went to the tills to pay, four of the books where put through for 1p (yes... 1p!) and the last for £3.85! Which means I got five books for £3.89!!!! Talk about a bargain. So here are all of those books (plus 2 from TK Maxx).


The first two books are from one of my favourite genres; Historical fiction. The first is 'A Court Affair' by Emily Purdy. I haven't heard of Emily Purdy before, but after reading the back of the book and realising that it is set during Queen Elizabeth's reign, I knew i had to buy it as this is one of my favourite book topics.

The second is 'The White Queen' by Philippa Gregory. I have enjoyed all of the Philippa Gregory books that I have read so far, and I have been looking to read this for a while, so I am glad I found it so cheap!


The next book I bought is 'The Things We Never Said' by Susan Elliot Wright. Again not by an author I have heard of before, but it seems interesting. It is set in both 1964 and 2006 and tells the story of a woman in a psychiatric ward, and a man who is having issues with his parents. I've also read some good reviews on Goodreads!

The last book I bought from Tesco (not counting the one I haven't currently got) is 'Lime Street Blues' by Maureen Lee. I'm a huge fan of Maureen Lee's books, and this was one of the few books of hers that we didn't already own!


I bought the final two books from T.K. Maxx and both are complete works. The first is The Complete Illustrated Works of William Shakespeare. I haven't read a lot of Shakespeare, other than what was compulsory in school, but I like to read some more challenging pieces sometime, so I thought this would be good. The last book is the Complete Illustrated Works of Lewis Carroll. I always loved Alice in Wonderland, so I thought it would be nice to read more of Carroll's novels! Plus... look how cute the covers are! I also bought The Illustrated Works of Jane Austen Volume 1 for my friend Laura's birthday, but thats not pictured!

So that is all of the books that I bought and I can't wait to read them all! I might even do some book reviews when I finish them!

What books have you been reading lately?


No comments :

Post a Comment