Blogmas Day Twenty | Estee Lauder Double Wear



For years I have been hearing people rave about the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and how well it stays in place all day even on oily skin. So I really can not explain why it has taken me until now to finally try this foundation out! But I'm happy to say I can now finally see what all the fuss is about!

The Coverage
Double Wear provides a medium coverage that can easily be built up to a heavy coverage. One of the main complaints I hear about this foundation is that it is 'cakey' but I personally disagree as I always find it gives me a lovely natural finish. I think that some people might put too much of this on at once which is why I they tend to find it cakey, the trick is definitely to slowly build up to your preferred coverage!



Lasting Power
Without a doubt this is the best foundation I have ever tried in terms of lasting power. While most foundations tens to start slipping off my skin after a few hours, Double Wear is still normally perfectly in place 8 or 9 hours after applying it. I do tend to have a slight patch on my forehead where I would need to fix up, but my t-zone is that oily that I don't think they will ever create a foundation that truly stays in place on me all day.

Packaging
Estee Lauder Double Wear does not come cheap but this is definitely reflected in the packaging! The foundation comes in a gorgeous glass bottle that feels and looks luxurious and is a very pretty addition to any dressing table. The main downside to the packaging is that it doesn't have a pump so it can be hard to measure out how much you need. I have however heard that you can get a pump to fit it (I believe it may be from MAC) so that is always a solution.



Estee Lauder Double Wear can be bought for £31 from Boots

Have you tried Estee Lauder Double Wear?

No comments :

Post a Comment