#HaveYouDiscovered | Eyeliner

We are now just over half way through the #HaveYouDiscovered challenge, and this weeks topic is eyeliners. Now I haven't wore eyeliner a lot recently, so I did have to go searching through my drawers to see if I even still owned these products, but luckily I still have my two favourite eyeliners (though they are so dried out they need to go into the bin). I tried to decide on a favourite between the two, but since they are both different types of eyeliner (one gel, one liquid) I figured it wouldn't be cheating if I showed you them both!

The first, is the Eyeko Skinny Liner, which I actually received as a free gift from a magazine a couple on months ago. This was the first liquid eyeliner I actually ever owned, and I love it! It has a great tapered tip which allows you to do a fine or thick line depending on the look you are going for and is great for beginners! The only downside of this is that it dries out really quickly which is rather annoying.

Gel liner was my favourite type of eye liner for the past 4 years, pretty much since I started wearing eye liner. When I first started using it I always went for expensive brands such MAC and Bobbi Brown, but I haven't looked back since I started using the Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner. The liner comes with a brush which is actually quite decent! I do prefer to use my MAC 209 brush, but when that is dirty the Maybelline brush does the job. The eyeliner itself applies very easily, and in my opinion is very similar to the MAC gel liner, with the added benefit in that it doesn't dry out as quickly! Once on this liner does not budge, and definitely requires a good makeup remove to take off!

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner: £12
Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner: £7.99


No comments :

Post a Comment