Review: Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation


When I heard that Chanel where releasing a new foundation, I knew I had to try it, especially as I was running out of my Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation. So last Sunday when I was in Belfast I went straight to the Chanel counter in Debenhams. I was even a good girl, and had it applied and then wore it while shopping to give me a better idea of if I would like it before buying it.

Like with all Chanel founations, there is a limited shade selection. In the UK there are only 6 shades to choose from, and they are definitely all aimed towards paler skins, though they do not cater for very pale skins. Different countries however do have different shade selections (I believe there are 9 to choose from in the US) so if you live in a different country you should go take a look at what they have on offer. As I have already mentioned, the shades available in the UK are all on the paler side. I was matched with B30!

The foundation is supposed to be a sister foundation to the Perfection Lumiere which I have been using for a year. They both have semi-matte finishes, but like the name suggests, the Perfection Lumiere Velvet feels like velvet on your skin. The first time I put this on I couldn't stop touching my face because it felt so good! Also the Perfection Lumiere gives more coverage than the Velvet. I would consider the Perfection Lumiere to be an evening foundation, and the Velvet to be a day time foundation. The Velvet does help to even out the skin, and it covers my redness quite well, but if you have acne you will want to use a concealer as this foundation will not cover it by itself.

The formulation is very runny and watery, and can be slightly hard to work with a first, but I've found it works best with a normal foundation brush. I'm also not too sure how well this will be for dry skins, it might look a little too flat!

In terms of how well it lasts, I would say this is one of the best foundations I have used! I have combination skin, with a very oily tzone, and with most foundations I end up very oily even after powdering. The first time I wore this foundation I didn't use powder and I wore it for around 8 hours when I was just relaxing around the house and it stayed pretty matte throughout the day. When I was taking it off I noticed a little oil on my nose and t-zone but nothing compared to what I would normally look like if I hadn't wore powder. The 2nd day I put it to the ultimate test and wore it to a 9 hour shift at work (I did use powder however there was no blotting or re-powdering throughout the day), and at the end of the day I was still almost 100% matte. There was slight wear to it, especially on my nose, but very very little! It defintely lasts a lot better than the Perfection Lumiere.

This foundation has the same packaging as the Vitalumiere Aqua, but in black. I really like the packaging, it's sleek and easy to carry around, which the Perfection Lumiere was not, due to the heavy glass bottle. The foundation is a little pricey at £33, but I think it is totally worth it, and I will definitely be repurchasing!

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet: £33/30ml


No comments :

Post a Comment